M3 Version 3 is here!
Learn about whats new below.
Click here to learn how to use the new features available Version 3
Advanced Edge Teach
- Fine tune adjustment of candidate edge collection via the new Advanced Edge Teach dialog.
- Detection of low contrast, narrow, and difficult to image edges is improved with edge graph control of contrast, material direction, and edge width.
- New teach capability can be used with any of the existing powerful M3 VED probes
Direct data transfer to Excel
- Export measurement data directly to new or existing Excel spreadsheets.
- Export M3 specific report formats or populate existing quality reports using custom export options.
User defined report templates
- Customize and save multiple report template styles for use in various part programs.
- Report templates can now be created and assigned to meet the formatting requirements of specific part inspection routines.
- Added new “Stat” type feature construction for quick analysis of statistical results inside a part program.
- Report the Min, Max, Range, Average, Standard Deviation, or Six Sigma result for a given population of feature measurements.
- Support for program playback of the “Stat” feature to enhance GR&R analysis and demonstration.
Formula results via new Calc Feature
- Added new “Calc” feature type to support formula based calculations inside the M3 software.
- Generate custom formula calculations utilizing measurement result data and standard mathematical operators and trig functions.
- Perform simple and complex measurement calculations directly in the M3 software.
Stitching and Pallet Programs
- Applications with pallet based fixturing requirements can now make use of stitched images.
- Part position and orientation can be quickly identified by using pattern recognition within the super-image source of the pallet program.
- Greater inspection throughput can be realized by overall reductions in pallet loading times and improved playback reliability.
Enhanced data cloud display
- Data clouds from measured features can now be displayed directly on the feature graphic in the main part view.
- Data cloud inspection tools such as point display scaling, and “best/worst” point finder tool can help quickly assess VED measurement results.
- Enhance feature printouts and reports with new graphical detail.
Polar Mode support for step and repeat
- Feature step and repeat functionality has been enhanced to support polar coordinate based positions and offsets..
- Simplify creation of part programs containing large quantities of polar coordinate features.
Enhanced DXF overlay control
- DXF manipulation now supports simultaneous translation and rotation of the video overlay using either a mouse or touch screen controls.
- Interact with digital comparator overlay files in a manner more closely resembling the physical manipulation of mylar sheets in a traditional optical comparator application.
- Quickly position the origin point for rotation using the new right mouse button/scroll wheel combination.
- Quickly measure groups of features of the same or varying type using the new Multi-Feature Finder tool.
- Identify and measure features along a continuous edge contour with a single click on an edge or marquee drag a region of interest where “enclosed” features can also be identified
- The feature filter can be used to quickly specify which feature types should be measured, and which should be ignored.